Ironman Memphis 70.3 Beginner Training Group
If you signed up for MEM 70.3 and are new to triathlon, you are in the right place! Since 2020, we have had 42 athletes toe the start line, and 42 finishers!
There is nothing like being a part of a “like-minded” group to help achieve goals you never would have alone. With coach guidance and a supportive community, you’ll be setting yourself up for success on race day!
What is the training group all about?
Our beginner training group is an extremely affordable online based coaching program and community of triathletes from around the Midsouth and beyond. The main objective of this triathlon training group is to take beginners and get them to the finish line of a half ironman while staying injury free. By the time you hit the start line you will be so prepared it will just feel like a long training day. Secretly, our main goal is to make sure you learn to love the sport so it becomes a part of your normal healthy lifestyle. With that, let’s do something epic!
NOTE: We also have an intermediate level track for those of you who have some tri experience or are seasoned vets doing your first 70.3. When you sign up just let us know you are not a true beginner and we’ll take care of the rest!
- Weekly training plan tailored to beginners and intermediate triathletes looking to do their first 70.3 distance triathlon.
- Supported by the entire BPC Coaching staff
- Access to our HOPS Online Strength Classes ($29/mo value)
- Weekly Group Track Session (Fast Friday)
- Private Facebook group to get answers, motivation, virtual high fives, and organize group training opportunities
- Discounts on BPC Training Clinics
- Discounts on BPC Training Camps
- Discounts on BPC Services
- Discounts with local races and team sponsors
- MEM 70.3 Bike Course Preview Ride
- Memphis 70.3 Course Pre-Swim (only one in the country)
- Pre Race meetup
Webinar Library Topics:
- Equipment – What’s needed, what’s not, and how dialing it in can affect performance
- Dry Land Swim Training (In case of pool closure)
- Training and Racing Nutrition
- Training and Racing Hydration
- The Keys of Injury Prevention
- Recovery Techniques That Actually Work
- Efficient Transitions
- The Mental Side of Training and Racing – Keeping it fun but performing well
- Memphis 70.3 Course Rundown
- Pre Race Logistics and how to reduce race day anxiety